The garden is a great place to spend time with my family, there is something for everyone to do. Why is there a stigma with gardening that it is only enjoyed by the retired? Let me give you ideas how to enjoy your garden and the gifts to buy to inspire your family.
My children spend hours playing in the garden or park as I am sure most do, however, how much of that time is taken with them to encourage learning and exploring nature? Teach your children about science by growing their own plants or vegetables. Now is a great time to plant a sunflower seed and let them watch them grow! Learn about bugs, bees and insects, look after them in a bug hotel whilst helping your children with their maths skills!
Help your children to learn about bees, watch the bees then enjoy some honey as a teatime snack. The book of bees from Wordery is a great place to start and it is not just for kids you can learn too with this great Beekeeping Bible from the experts at Paynes Bee Farm.
Children love having a task to do, let them help you around the garden, buy them some mini garden tools and set them to work! The Wonderful Garden Company have a sturdy yet stylish set. Perhaps you want to give a gift to a friend who does not have a garden, encourage their children to have fun around the idea of gardening and give them this gorgeous soft play set from Oskar Ellen
Don’t worry the fun is not solely for the little ones, I have some great gift ideas for all the family:
- Garden gifts for food loving fathers
- Set up your own indoor herb garden to use for cooking. But get creative and gift him the tools he needs to make his own. Take a look at this great tutorial on peg pots!
- ‘Bee’ inspired by your bee keeping and gift a luxurious Black Truffle Honeycomb from Uncommon Goods
For the traditional grandparent gardener in your life
- Buy something to be envied by their gardening peers Seedballs won gift of the year 2017. And these are the best gardening gloves you can buy, apparently!
- Keep them stylish whilst gardening with these cool and chic secateurs from Sophie Conran.
Beauty and homeware for mama to bring the outside into your home
- Rest easy in the bath after training up the children outside, with the knowledge that part of the profits are donated to conservation and research on bees with a Beefayre gift set.
- Chive wall coral to transform your inside in to outside!
- Herbivore on mysablebeauty made from pure active plant ingredients treat for design conscious skin lovers.
- Bug print leatherware from Undercover to store make-up brushes or stationery
As always, find more inspiration on myGarden Pinterest board.
And now, stop staring at your computer and get out for some fresh air, sunbeams, and muddy fingers. Enjoy!Yours Giulia